You’re having such a great get-together. You don’t want to see it end. At the time, “just one more” drink seems like a good idea. And a really bad one the morning after. Here’s how CBD can help you find relief when your hungover after a night of drinking.
You’ve Been Here Before
You can feel your head pounding before you’ve even opened your eyes. Then you start to get up. You’re already exhausted. Your stomach starts churning. Maybe that feeling of impending doom comes over you. Clammy sweat. Pain has come to collect for the neuron-killing shock you just gave your system.
Whatever your hangover symptoms are, they’re awful and can torment you for as long as 24 hours. Why is that?
Too much booze can cause:
- inflammation that leads to headache
- increased stomach acid plus inflammation in the stomach lining, contributing to nausea and vomiting
- elevated levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, tied to anxiety and depression
- brain fog
- imbalance in the endocannabinoid system
Time For Home Remedies?
Lots of drinkers have their own personal hangover treatments.
- chugging tons of water
- drinking sugary drinks
- sweating it out
- greasy foods
- healthful foods
- another drink
The problem is they don’t always work … or they don’t do enough. Having more booze just delays the hangover instead of making it disappear. Drinking lots of water can help the dehydration but may not touch the pounding headache.
How CBD Can Help Your Hangover
CBD offers natural relief that can reduce your suffering without negative side effects. Studies show it works to bring the endocannabinoid system back into balance, which can improve your vital functions and:
- clear away some of the brain fog by improving concentration
- reduce the inflammation that causes your headache
- calm the queasiness, nausea and vomiting
- ease anxiety and depression by helping cortisol levels return to normal
- provide powerful antioxidants to replace lost vitamins and flush out toxins
How to Use CBD Wisely
Everyone metabolizes CBD differently – just like they do with alcohol. I suggest you start with a small dose and wait about 20 minutes for the body to start feeling the effects. They should last from about 2 to 6 hours. If you still feel hungover then, you can consider taking another dose.
Preventing Hangovers Before They Start
While CBD can be really helpful when you’re hungover, you might also try these tactics to reduce your suffering before it starts:
- have one glass of water for each drink you take
- eat before you drink (think of it as a “welcome mat” for the booze)
- at some point, switch to iced tea in a rocks glass – nobody will even notice, since it looks like scotch or bourbon
- take the opportunity to practice self control, drinking socially doesn’t have to mean binge drinking and could save you from poor decisions and embarrassing yourself or others.
We all love a good time, but even a veteran US Navy SEAL like me has been laid low by a hangover. (Personally, I rarely drink at this point in my life and never more than 2). Good thing there’s CBD when things get a little out of hand. I encourage you to give it a try if you need it. Take a look at our wide selection of top-quality products and add Easy Day to your arsenal
Now when you subscribe to Easy Day we’ll text you a 20% discount off our CBD products; so you can start having your own Easy Day.