Turns out, among its many other benefits, CBD oil may help ease stomach pain. There’s a lot you should know first — what’s causing the pain, how to spot danger signs and how CBD could work with your body’s own systems to bring relief.
First Find Out Why
Stomach pain has a wide range of causes. Stress, gastritis and side effects from prescription drugs are just a few. Work with your doctor to determine what’s causing your symptoms, which will inform what you do next. Be sure to cover:
- your particular type of pain — steady, off and on, sudden, gnawing, stabbing, dull, crampy, anything you’ve noticed
- where it hurts — lower belly, upper abdomen or in the middle, right or left side
- what makes it worse — stress, coughing, laughing, alcohol
- what makes it better — eating, drinking water, lying on your side, taking an antacid
- anything that accompanies the pain — fever, nausea or vomiting, rash, sudden weight loss, constipation or black or bloody stools
- prescriptions or over-the-counter remedies you’re taking (Some can cause stomach pain as a side effect. Others, like blood thinners, could interact with CBD).
Get A Path Forward
Once you know the cause of your pain, your doctor will be able to tell you whether addressing the symptoms with CBD is the right way to go…or if other tests or treatments are needed first.
The abdominal area, which most of us call the stomach, is a complicated place. It holds major organs that can experience inflammation or infection, which can cause severe stomach pain.
- small and large intestines, including the appendix
Discover The Stomach-Brain Connection
Scientists are learning more every day about the strong, direct connection between the brain and the stomach, also referred to as the gut. Your doctor may tell you that your gut and digestive tract:
- contain more than 100 million nerve cells
- connect directly with the brain stem through the vagus nerve
- can send signals to the brain in seconds
- can receive signals from the brain in seconds
This means that gut health affects brain health — and vice versa. So maintaining a healthy gut is even more important than was previously believed. There are several ways to encourage beneficial bacteria in this important part of the body.
- eat a well-balanced, nutritious diet
- include familiar probiotics such as plain yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, apple cider vinegar
- try adding probiotics that may be new to you — kafir, kombucha, miso and kimchi
How CBD May Help Stomach Pain
Once you’ve gotten the go-ahead, you can try CBD. It works with the body’s own endocannabinoid system — a complex system that keeps many other systems in balance and working efficiently including:
- pain sensation
Studies show CBD can work to relieve stomach pain in several ways such as:
- helping the body not over-react to pain
- reducing inflammation
- helping you sleep better
Taken together, these benefits add up to less stomach pain and easier days.
CBD – A Source of Fast Pain Relief
Coping with pain is a real challenge, but CBD oil may help alleviate it. Start slow and if you need more, increase the dose little by little until you find relief.
Some of the reasons to consider CBD Oil to potentially help relieve stomach aches and problems include:
- fastest-acting option
- quickly enters the bloodstream
- taken with an eye dropper placed under the tongue
- easy to find the optimal dose — just count how many drops you take
- can slowly and precisely increase the dose if needed
- also available in soft gels — same CBD oil, takes a little longer to work
Pay Close Attention to Your Body
Many, many people get stomach pain relief from CBD. In rare cases, CBD can aggravate a gastrointestinal disorder. If you experience any of these symptoms, before or after using CBD, you may need to go to the Emergency Room if you have pain plus:
- nausea, fever, or an inability to keep food down
- difficulty breathing
- bloody stools
- vomiting blood
- tenderness in your abdomen
- severe stomach pain from a car accident or other trauma. Then call 911 right away
More Likely Next Steps
Let your doctor know whether CBD is easing your stomach pain. Chances are you’ll have a very positive experience and want to continue. Easy Day offers you several good options for feeling better. There are even discounts for regular use.
Whatever the source of your stomach pain, I urge you not to just “tough it out.” Pain doesn’t go away just because we want it to. That kind of control is an illusion. It took me a long time to accept that I can’t control everything myself and I suffered because of it.
Let me give you a shortcut. Accept that you need help dealing with this pain. Ask for help and take it from there. I hope to hear that your pain is gone — from using CBD or whatever is the best solution for you.
And now when you subscribe to Easy Day we’ll text you a 20% discount off our CBD products; so you can start having your own Easy Day.