If you’re hearing a lot about CBD these days, you’re not alone. The latest chatter is about CBD for dogs. Yes, they’re our best friends and we’d do anything for them. That’s why many pet lovers are using it to help their companions with various conditions. And reporting good and safe results. Here’s the lowdown.
CBD Isn’t What You Might Think
CBD products don’t make anyone high, including dogs. That’s because CBD products only contain trace amounts of THC, if any. THC is the chemical that creates a feeling of euphoria. No THC, no high.
Marijuana and hemp are variations of the same plant. CBD oils, capsules and topical products derived from hemp have been legal in all 50 states since 2018. By law they can contain no more than 0.3% THC. And many contain no THC at all, 0.0%. (All Easy Day products are derived from hemp).
CBD For Epilepsy and Seizures - Promising Results
A pilot study provides encouraging results, showing that CBD helps dogs with epilepsy. Specifically, the dogs receiving CBD had 89% fewer seizures than the dogs in the control group.
More studies are in progress right now, including at veterinary colleges. We’ll have more details for you as soon as we can.
How CBD Works For Humans and Dogs
Researchers know that CBD works with the body’s own endocannabinoid system.
CBD helps make more cannabinoids…leading to your body being in better balance. Your dog has an endocannabinoid system, too. So it’s logical to think CBD might provide the same benefits to your pet that it does to humans.
System-Wide Benefits of CBD
Anecdotal evidence points to CBD as helpful for a range of symptoms we’d want to treat if we saw them in our dogs. It is said to improve:
- inflammation and pain
- lack of appetite
- heart health
Take An Informed Approach
See what the vet thinks about trying CBD for your dog. Then move ahead step by step.
- choose a CBD oil, which allows you to control the dose precisely
- start with a really low dose
- keep track of what happens by taking notes or video each day — don’t rely on your memory. You see your dog all the time so it’s harder to be certain about any changes you might observe
- if you feel the dose isn’t enough, check in with the vet
- if needed, increase CBD by small amounts — slow and steady
- if you notice your dog is thirstier or a little drowsy, the dose may be too high
- loose stool is another possible sign the dose is too high
If you would like to learn more about giving your dog CBD and making sure they are safe and sound we; highly recommend checking out the official pet owner's guide for more details and helpful tips.
Find A Trustworthy Source For Your CBD
The CBD market is unregulated and sources and their products vary widely. Easy Day products are thoroughly tested by an independent lab. In fact, you can click to read the lab test results for everything we offer. You can trust the purity and dosage, too.
Easy Day Canine CBD products CONTAIN
- Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract
- MCT oil
- fish oil
- krill oil
They DO NOT CONTAIN
- heavy metals
- industrial solvents
- dangerous molds
A Range of CBD Choices For Your K9
- We’re dog-lovers, too. So we offer a CBD product that tastes like bacon. Can’t you just see a tail wagging?
- Some people in our community share their Full Spectrum CBD with their dogs, which is an option for you, too.
- For larger dogs we recommend Classic Strength CBD, 1000mg human tincture.
Take the Next Step
Nobody likes seeing their dog feel anything less than 100% great. I’d rather see myself in pain than my pal, Irish. Yeah, I’m a veteran Navy SEAL who’s seen a lot…but I’ll always have a soft spot for dogs. All kinds of dogs. CBD might be your buddy’s new best friend – next to you, of course. I wish you both countless good times together.
Make sure to check out our CBD oils for large and small-breed dogs.
And now when you subscribe to Easy Day we’ll text you a 20% discount off our human and canine products; so both you and your dog can have your own Easy Day.