If you’ve looked into CBD oils even a little, you know there are tons of them available in stores and online. Seems like they’re all alike. But they’re not — not by a long shot. Here are some tips for finding the best products.
Understanding the Current Situation
Right now the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) does not regulate or approve over-the-counter CBD products. Neither does any other independent group. And the fact is, all CBD products are not the same. So it’s important to find out for yourself about the products you’re interested in and who’s offering them for sale.
6 Quick Tips For Identifying High Quality CBD
You don’t have to spend countless hours online to learn how to pinpoint the best products. Look for:
#1. CBD products from hemp plants
Hemp and marijuana are varieties of the same plant, but CBD from hemp is richer in the natural chemical that provides the benefits you’re seeking.
#2. CBD and hemp oil, not hemp seed oil
Sounds like we’re splitting hairs, I know. But while hemp seed oil isn’t harmful, it does not contain CBD. Surprising, but true. The flowers and leaves are where the CBD is.
#3. A beneficial carrier oil
The right carrier oil helps the body process CBD and access all its benefits. The carrier oil in Easy Day products comes from coconuts and contains healthful fats.
#4. A known source
Our plants are sourced from Colorado. If a seller doesn’t tell you where they get their plants, that should be a red flag.
#5. Proper packaging
Make sure the CBD you’re considering comes in packaging that:
- blocks out light
- comes tightly sealed, to keep air from getting into the container
- is labeled with important information on strength and other topics
#6. Lab testing by an independent company
Don’t take the seller’s word for the purity of its CBD products. Make sure an outside firm has conducted a range of tests like those performed on Easy Day products for:
- potency – the amounts of CBD and other cannabinoids in the product match the label
- terpenes – another amazing part of the industrial hemp plant that can benefit us
- microbes such as potentially-harmful mold – a key safety assessment
- residual pesticides – for obvious reasons
- residual solvents – to make sure no traceable amounts are left after processing what’s being sold as pure hemp
Rest assured, Easy Day offers top-quality products that meet the highest standards for cultivation, purity, strength, packaging and manufacturing, and safety.
And if you’re interested in learning more about what to look for in your CBD and how to choose the right product for your needs, you can check out our helpful guide that goes into the topic in even greater depth.
Full Spectrum vs Broad Spectrum
Now that you know how to find a trustworthy provider of CBD products, let’s talk about choosing the type that’s best for you.
Full Spectrum contains
- trace amounts of THC – less than 0.3%
- terpenes, lipids and other helpful molecules from the original hemp plant
- together, these plus CBD create the “entourage effect” – meaning that everything works better together
Broad Spectrum contains
- 0.0% THC
- Everything else Full Spectrum offers, including the “entourage effect”
CBD Oils or Capsules
Oils offer faster relief. Capsules offer longer-lasting effects. Decide what product best meets your needs and contributes the most to your well-being.
- held under the tongue for at least 30 and up to 90 seconds, then swallowed
- fast acting, gets into the bloodstream quickly
- generally last 4 to 6 hours
- swallowed like pills
- take about 45 minutes to reach the bloodstream
- last from 10 to 12 hours
- CBD is also available in topicals
- applied directly to the skin, should be rubbed in thoroughly
- only absorbed where applied
- used for localized pain and skin conditions
Getting the Best CBD Products
CBD can be beneficial for so many symptoms. Whether you’re a first-timer or have experienced its effects, I urge you to choose your provider carefully. Even if it’s not us.
But now that you know more about Easy Day, you may want to check out our range of top-quality CBD oils.
They worked for me. And still do — every day. Whatever symptoms you need to relieve, keep trying. Different doses, different products. You deserve to feel your best. See what CBD can do to help.
And now when you subscribe to Easy Day Hemp we’ll text you a 20% discount off our products; so you can get started having your own Easy Day.