If you are considering trying out CBD oil, it could be tough to know where to start but the first step is understanding how to look for and choose the right product for your situation.
Checking the label is not always enough to know everything you need to. That’s why it’s important to also be aware of the different strengths and what to look for in a top quality product. Otherwise, you risk picking up CBD oil that might fail to deliver the relief you want. Some low-grade products may even contain toxins that do more harm than good to your overall well-being. Because CBD comes in different types, concentrations and quality you also can’t expect the same results from different products coming from different brands.
Fortunately, this guide can help you through the process and get on the path to wellness.
Finding The Right CBD For Your Needs
There are several factors to consider before deciding on which CBD oil is right for you. Here are a few things to keep in mind and what to look for to help make sure you are making the right choice:
Your Reasons For Using CBD
- The first things to consider are your reasons for using CBD. CBD can be used to help alleviate a wide range of physical and psychological conditions. Whether you’re using it as a tool to combat anxiety or depression, relieve stress or pain, or to manage symptoms of another serious medical condition; your reasons can make a difference when it comes to finding the right strength and type.
Deciding On A Type of CBD
- Whether it’s oils, tinctures, softgels, or something else, CBD comes in many different varieties depending on your preference. Generally, these products have the same active ingredients regardless of what you choose but the duration and intensity of effects can vary.
Check Out The Amount of THC
- THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol refers to a cannabinoid that is present in both agricultural hemp and marijuana. In simple words, THC is the substance in marijuana that makes us feel ‘high.’ However, because CBD that comes from hemp has lower levels of THC, it is not psychoactive (so you won’t get ‘high’). In fact, by law, CBD products shouldn’t contain more than 0.3% THC. The lack of psychoactive properties makes CBD a great option for those looking to enjoy the healing benefits without the intoxicating effects that come from marijuana or other drugs.
Check If It’s Full-Spectrum CBD
- Full Spectrum CBD (or ‘Whole Plant CBD’) means the oil was made using all of the cannabinoids and other natural parts of the hemp plant before it is extracted. Some of these constituents include flavonoids, terpenes, and other cannabinoids that work with CBD and boost the benefits you would get from CBD alone. While CBD isolate and broad spectrum products (which don’t contain any THC) also have benefits; the properties of Full Spectrum CBD make it ideal for helping treat a wide range of conditions.
Where the CBD Comes From
- Because products grown overseas might not be subject to state or federal testing standards; it’s a good idea to stick to companies that use hemp grown in the U.S for their CBD products. Even more than that; you can check what state it was grown in as well. Colorado is known to have one of the best hemp programs; as they perform spot-checks of plants while in the field and will investigate illegal pesticides.
Checking Production and Extraction Methods
- Learn as much as you can about the brand’s production methods. We recommend choosing products that employ the supercritical CO2 extraction method for their CBD; which ensures a purer and higher quality product. Remember to also check the brand’s website and product label for more information.
Making Sure it’s Properly Tested
- Premium-quality CBD brands will provide third-party lab results to confirm their products are of high quality, the information is accurate and is safe to use. This is one of the most important ways to make sure your CBD is authentic. Many independent laboratories exist to test CBD products and ensure whether they are exactly what the brand claims. Ideally, CBD oil products should have low THC and a high level of CBD with no impurities that can harm consumers. Make sure to look for brands or vendors that provide lab results on their website or product.
Find a Trusted Vendor
- Research the brand’s reputation and read product reviews from previous buyers. The internet can be an incredibly valuable tool for gaining insight into the brand or product and benefiting from other’s experience. People are generally very open about their experience with CBD.
- While it’s normal to want to look for cheaper products; these are generally less effective and could contain harmful additives. In addition to overall quality and effectiveness; products that cost more often contain higher concentration so they last longer which can save you money in the long ran. Don’t let price convince you to settle for an inferior product. Your health and well-being are worth it.
Talking to Your Doctor
- As with any supplement, we suggest consulting with your doctor before starting with CBD, just to be safe.
How to Figure out the Right Strength or Concentration
Thousands of people use CBD oil every day for a variety of reasons and ailments but to get the best results it’s important to have an idea of the right concentration for your individual needs. Because every person is different, you might have to experiment with a few different options and dosages until you find the right one.
Typically, CBD oil strengths range from 100 mg to 5,000 mg for a single 30 mL bottle. We strongly recommend that if you’re using CBD oil for the first time, start off slow. Starting with a lower potency helps in gauging how much oil you will need to get the results you want. For instance, if you are using CBD to help relieve anxiety, starting off with too high a dose will not give you a fair idea of how much you really needed to feel better. Starting off small can also go a long way in saving you money. Once you start using CBD more often you can see how your body reacts to different strengths and know how much you need, and then adjust accordingly.
Still not sure where to start? The below guide can help you figure out the right strength for your situation and find the answers you’re looking for. You’ll also find a few products we recommend as a great starting point.
Different Strengths for CBD Oil
Let’s take a look at a few of the most common potencies of CBD oil as well as why some people prefer each type:
Low-potency oil: (600 mg)
A single serving of this strength is equivalent to 20 drops or 1 mL of oil, which comes out to a dose of 10 mg. However, generally, this lower level of potency would only be effective for humans with water-based liposomal CBD, which can help the body absorb it. For those looking to really benefit from their CBD experience, we suggest something stronger.
Medium-potency oil: (1,000 mg)
1,000 mg CBD oil is the next step up. Many 1,000 mg oils are also available in 30 mL bottles however, one single dose comes out to a serving size of nearly 33.3 mg. This level of potency can be helpful for things like mild pain, anxiety, sleep issues and much more.
Because of its ability to help deal with a range of physical and mental issues; starting at a lower dose and higher potency of at least 1,000 mg is a great option.
If you are interested in seeing what CBD at this level can do for you; we suggest starting with either of the below 1,000 mg options:
High-potency oil: (3,000 mg)
If you are looking for a more cost-efficient option for your oil or are dealing with more severe issues, we recommend opting for a higher potency of 3,000 mg. Especially for those who might not have found relief from trying out lower potencies. At this level, a 30 mL bottle contains 100 mg per serving.
This level of potency is a great option for those looking for more energy, help managing weight or maintaining a sense of calm and well-being. It has also been known to help deal with symptoms of more serious conditions. Below are just a few examples of some of the issues CBD has been shown to help.
You can learn more by clicking on the problem you might be dealing with:
- Chronic and severe pain
- Joint pain and inflammation
- Deep muscle soreness
- Insomnia and Severe sleep issues
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Depression and PTSD
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Migraines and Headaches
Of course, this is not a full list of the conditions that can benefit from a daily CBD regimen. And as research continues to uncover the range of applications of CBD oil; more are coming to light every day.
If you are dealing with any of the above or are just ready to experience the effects of CBD at this level we recommend our Maximum Strength Full Spectrum and dosing accordingly.
High-potency CBD softgels: (100-150 mg)
For those that prefer to take their CBD in softgels we suggest starting with 100-150 mg per gel. At this level, our Mother of All Hemp Softgels (150 mg per gel) which is the strongest CBD gel on the market is a great option.
For those just starting out, we recommend trying out both oils and softgels to get a sense of what your preference is.
Ready to Start Enjoying the Benefits of CBD
Regardless of why you want to start using CBD oil, making sure you are choosing a high quality product from a trusted brand is key to getting the most out of your experience. Luckily, Easy Day Hemp offers a wide selection of premium quality CBD oils and gels as well as topicals and lotions to get you started.
And when you subscribe to Easy Day we’ll text you a 20% discount off our products.
Now that you know what to look for and have a better understanding of the range of strengths available, you can start enjoying the benefits and have your own Easy Day.
Disclaimer: The FDA has not evaluated these statements. Our CBD products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. Consult your physician before taking any new supplements or beginning a new treatment plan. Must be 18+ years older to consume.