CBD gummies offer a discreet and easily digestible option to enjoy the benefits of CBD oil. With their therapeutic properties and great taste, it’s no wonder why this form of edible CBD has soared in popularity over the past few years.
Whether you are just starting out or looking for a delicious way to enjoy your CBD; CBD gummies offer the perfect solution. However, with all of the different options and brands out there, it can be difficult to know where to start or what to look for.
This guide offers everything you should know about CBD gummies, answers to common questions you might have, and what to look for to ensure you are only buying premium quality products.
Here's what you can expect to learn:
- What are CBD Gummies?
- How Do CBD Gummies Work?
- Potential Benefits of CBD Gummies
- How to Choose the Right CBD Gummies
- Different Types of CBD Gummies
- Do CBD Gummies Work?
- What Do CBD Gummies Do?
- How Much CBD Gummies to Take?
- Will CBD Gummies Get You High?
- Where to Buy CBD Gummies?
What are CBD Gummies?
CBD Gummies are edible candies that have been infused with CBD oil. Compared to other forms of CBD, CBD gummies offer an easier and more convenient way to take CBD; making them an ideal option for those just starting out with CBD.
How Do CBD Gummies Work?
Similar to other CBD edibles, it can take anywhere between 30-60 minutes to feel the full effects of CBD gummies depending on the person. The reason it can take some time to feel the effects of edible forms of CBD is the method by which the body digests and metabolizes it. After consuming CBD, the body begins to absorb it through the digestive tract before the active ingredients enter the bloodstream and are metabolized by the liver. The effects start to take hold as the ingredients enter the bloodstream and reach the brain.
While this is longer than other forms of CBD such as tincture (which enters the bloodstream more quickly); for those looking for longer lasting effects they can enjoy throughout the day or get a better night’s sleep, CBD gummies offer a great option.
Potential Benefits of CBD Gummies
There are a vast array of reasons why more and more people are turning to edible CBD products. Here are just a few of the benefits of CBD gummies to consider:
- With digesting CBD you won’t need as much to feel effects making it cost efficient
- Easy to consume and don’t require any preparation
- Digesting CBD offers longer lasting effects
- Because CBD gummies are available online they are readily available and easy to buy.
- Easy to control doses so you know how much you are taking with each gummy.
- Discrete and easy to take in any setting.
- Come in a variety of great tasting flavors.
How to Choose the Right CBD Gummies
The first thing you should know when shopping for CBD gummies is that not all products or brands are the same. That’s why it’s crucial to understand what to look for to ensure you are only eating the highest quality CBD from brands you know you can trust. Here are some of the signs that CBD gummies are all they should be and a few red flags you should watch out for:
- Where the CBD Comes From – Where the CBD used for your gummies is sourced is an important and often overlooked consideration. Check to see if the company uses hemp grown in the U.S., that way you know it’s been through state or federal testing standards. Ideally, the hemp was grown in Colorado as they perform spot checks of plants throughout their development.
- Production Method - Once you know where the CBD came from, do as much research as you can into how the product was produced. Top quality CBD gummies and edibles employ the supercritical CO2 extraction method which ensures a purer product. The brand’s extraction methods are often found on their website or product label.
- Infused vs Coated – Manufacturers use two different methods for creating CBD gummies. They can be infused with CBD or coated. Top quality brands will infuse gummies with CBD at the start of production because it ensures a higher level of accuracy, quality and will last longer. Gummies that are just coated with CBD can have different levels of CBD in each dose and could be affected by outside factors like heat or light.
- Natural Ingredients – Make sure your CBD gummies have been infused with natural ingredients and flavors. This not only offers a purer and great flavor but ensures that you aren’t consuming any unwanted contaminants along with the CBD. Some of the most common natural ingredients used in CBD gummies include Turmeric, Carrot, and Blueberry.
- THC Content – Make sure that your CBD gummies don’t contain more than 0.3% THC as required by law.
- Third Party Testing – A reputable CBD manufacturer will provide lab testing to back up their claims and ensure a level of quality. Check to see if the brand offers a Certification of Analysis (COA) that validates the authenticity, quality, and testing of their products.
- Avoid Wild Claims – While the potential of CBD to help deal with health issues is well established; be wary of any company claiming that they can cure major diseases. These types of extravagant claims are often a red flag.
- Check Online Reviews – Checking online reviews and listening to people’s first hand experience can be a valuable tool in evaluating the product and knowing what to expect.
At Easy Day Hemp, our CBD infused gummies like all of our products, are sourced in Colorado, thoroughly tested and held to the highest standard. Our website includes lab test results and a scannable QR code for every one of our CBD products. So you can rest easy knowing you can trust the purity and dosage in every bite.
These are just a few tips for buying CBD gummies you should consider, but if you are looking for more information we highly suggest checking out this in-depth guide we put together on the subject.
Different Types of CBD Gummies
If you are considering taking CBD gummies, it’s also important to understand the different forms it comes in and the impact each type can have on the desired effects. Generally, CBD gummies and edibles can fall into three categories:
- CBD Isolate – CBD isolate gummies only contain CBD. While isolate CBD can be an option for those looking to avoid THC; because it doesn’t contain some of the other ingredients it can limit the effects.
- Broad Spectrum – broad spectrum means that the gummies contain all of the ingredients found in the cannabis plant such as other cannabinoids, terpenes, and oils, except for THC.
- Full Spectrum – full spectrum CBD gummies contain all of the ingredients found in the cannabis plant as well as a small amount of THC.
While the type of CBD you choose can depend on your preference and reason for consuming it; for those looking to maximize the effects or are dealing with more serious conditions, we highly suggest considering full spectrum CBD gummies. These allow for the combined benefits of CBD and THC (also known as the entourage effect) as well as the other active ingredients in the hemp plant.
Do CBD Gummies Work?
Although the FDA has only approved one CBD product for medical use; there are numerous studies, strong evidence and first hand testimonials of its effectiveness and potential to help deal with a wide range of conditions. And because of its low risk and side effect profile; many are turning to CBD gummies as a natural alternative to feeling better and improving overall quality of life.
What Do CBD Gummies Do?
While more research into the benefits of CBD gummies specifically is still needed; there is strong evidence for the effectiveness of CBD to help deal with a number of physical and mental conditions. And the added advantages provided by CBD gummies makes them the ideal choice for helping people suffering from these issues find relief. Some of these conditions CBD gummies may help include:
Stress and Anxiety
- Several studies have shown CBD has the potential to relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety and CBD gummies are no exception. If you are looking for help maintaining a sense of calm and well-being; edible CBD can be a great option.
- Feeling depressed? Why not reach for a CBD gummy. Depression can be debilitating and have a major impact on quality of life. Those suffering from depression often have low levels of serotonin (also referred to as the ‘happy chemical’), however, because CBD may affect the way the brain responds to the serotonin in the body, it may be a natural solution to treating depression and mood disorders.
Pain and Inflammation
- CBD is well known for its anti-inflammatory healing properties. Research continues to uncover the potential of CBD for managing chronic pain and relieving a wide range of inflammation related injuries and conditions. If you are dealing with pain and looking to get back in the game; CBD gummies might be exactly what you are looking for.
Insomnia and Sleep Issues
- Having trouble staying or getting to sleep? Why not try CBD gummies before you go to bed. According to multiple studies, CBD has shown promise in helping people with insomnia and sleep issues get a better night’s rest.
Lack of Focus and Concentration
- We all know what it’s like to have difficulty concentrating or to lose focus at times. Lack of focus can be discouraging, overwhelming, and stop you from doing what needs to be done. Fortunately, due to the way CBD interacts with the body once consumed; it has shown promising results for improving concentration and focus. These properties combined with its easy to consume nature make CBD gummies an amazing way to remain productive, accomplish daily tasks, and act as a promising study aid for students.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- It’s said that neurotransmitter balance might play a role in the development and worsening of symptoms related to Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and because CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system responsible for maintaining balance within the body, experts believe it might have the potential as a therapeutic treatment.
Non-Addictive Treatment Alternative
- Unlike pharmaceutical and other RX options that can do more harm than good; CBD gummies work naturally without those unwanted side effects. In fact, CBD has shown promise in potentially helping overcome addiction; one of the major side effects of many pharmaceutical options used today.
This is just a short list of the uses and benefits of CBD gummies but research is uncovering more applications every day. That said, as with any natural supplement, we suggest consulting with your doctor before adding CBD gummies into your daily routine, just to be safe; especially if you dealing with a serious condition or are already on medication.
How Much CBD Gummies to Take?
If you are just starting out with CBD gummies, we suggest starting out slow at a higher dose and adjusting accordingly. Gummies with 25mg per dose are perfect for those unsure how much they need or looking to monitor their consumption. As you become accustomed to how your body will react you can increase the dose as needed. Remember, CBD has a cumulative effect so it can take time to experience the full benefits; so stick with it and be patient. Over time, you will start to notice the changes and how it can help improve your quality of life.
Will CBD Gummies Get You High?
As we reference above, CBD gummies are not psychoactive, meaning they won’t make you high. In fact, by law CBD products must contain 0.3% THC. This allows the consumer to benefit from the combined effects of both CBD and THC without the potential side effects often associated with marijuana such as intoxication.
Where to Buy CBD Gummies?
If you are looking to try CBD gummies but want to ensure you are only buying a product from a brand you can trust; look no further than Easy Day Hemp. Our full spectrum CBD gummy bears have been formulated to maximize calm and give you the focus you need to overcome anything life throws out you. And because every serving offers 25mg of CBD you can enjoy the benefits with every bite and have your own Easy Day.